It's a girl!


Biscuit!
Originally uploaded by jgfield.



She weighed in at about 55 lbs, and 52 inches! Ouch. Okay, well -- maybe she's a dog, and 10 months old and she was already named "Biscuit". However, she has made her home with us very quickly. She is a full-bred labrador retriever, and as sweet as could be. We have been amazed at how intelligent and loving she has been.

Yesterday, when we picked her up, was pretty crazy. We went to see about getting her as a pet from some neighbors of one of our Jenn and Dan. She spent the first four or five minutes barking up a storm at us, but quickly warmed up and befriended us. I think she hasn't been very socialized with other adults. There was a young child in the family, and two other dogs -- so she is very comfortable around both children and other dogs. The family we got her from was very kind -- you could tell they just really cared for the well-being of Biscuit, and knew they didn't have the time and or energy to deal with their daughter and other dogs who had been in the family longer.

When we decided to take Biscuit home with us (we weren't actually definite what the plan was going to be), the child in the family who was about 2 years old was just bawling up a storm. She didn't realize her dog was going to be leaving. It was sad, but I hope she recovers from it quickly.

Before heading back home, we took Biscuit over to Jenn and Dan's house for a little company afterwards. She spent about an hour getting completely tired out -- running around with the biggest black labrador you have ever seen, "Jake". I'm not sure how you get a dog that big, I'd guesstimate he's about 120 lbs :) (Note: I'm bad at estimating). That worked out well, because Biscuit was quiet during the hour car ride we had back to our home. She has quickly adopted us as her family, and is being a real angel for us. I can't even believe how much so -- she is literally sleeping on my feet as I'm typing this :).

It is going to be a great experience having a dog -- I have always been a dog person, and we all know that Alicia is too. Throw those allergies aside, says I!

Missing you all! Love Alicia and Jeff.

No comments: